EDF Renewables UK, ESB and Reventus Power have entered into a partnership to develop Gwynt Glas Floating Offshore Wind Farm. The trio are also working with DP Energy's Pembrokeshire based team, an exclusive development partner in the project, leveraging their local knowledge and expertise. 

EDF Renewables

EDF Renewables UK and Ireland is a subsidiary of EDF Group and one of the world’s largest low carbon electricity companies. EDF’s global renewables platform develops, builds and operates renewable power generation and battery storage assets. In the UK and Ireland, EDF Renewables has over 2GW of assets in operation or under construction across offshore wind, onshore wind, solar and battery storage, as well as a development pipeline exceeding 10GW.

EDF Renewables UK is already providing much needed low carbon electricity, with two operational offshore windfarms, Teesside and Blyth and with Neart na Goaithe becoming fully operational in 2024. In France, EDF Renewables has one operational wind farm, St Nazaire with Fécamp and is building France’s first floating demonstration project, Provence Grand Large, expected to be fully operational in 2024.

In April 2023, Mark Drakeford, First Minister of Wales officially opened EDF Renewables newest office in Cardiff. The office opening signifies our continued investment in Wales and to employing a skilled local workforce. Located in the heart of the Welsh capital, it will serve as our central base in South Wales. This is in addition to our existing Service Centre in Aberystwyth which supports the operation of Cemmaes and Llangwyryfon Onshore Wind Farms.

ESB was established in 1927 as a statutory body under the Electricity (Supply) Act, 1927. With a holding of 96.9 per cent, ESB is majority owned by the Irish Government. The remaining 3.1 per cent is held by the trustees of an Employee Share Ownership Plan. As a strong, diversified utility, ESB operates across the electricity market, from generation through transmission and distribution, to supply of customers in addition to using our networks to carry fibre for telecommunications.

As at year-end 2022, ESB has a regulated asset base of approximately €12.0 billion (comprising ESB Networks €9.7 billion and NIE Networks €2.3 billion), a 30 per cent share of generation in the all-island market, and supply businesses supplying electricity and gas to over two million customer accounts throughout the island of Ireland and Great Britain. At June 2023, ESB Group employed almost 9,000 people.  

Reventus Power originates and invests in the development and long-term management of offshore wind projects globally. As a portfolio company of CPP Investments, Reventus invests flexibly, and at scale, across the asset lifecycle.

Reventus invests alongside strategic partners, bringing deep in-house technical, financial, and commercial expertise to projects across three continents.

The team is proven in delivering value through the realisation of high-quality offshore wind projects around the world.


DP Energy

DP Energy is an Irish company that develops renewable energy projects across the world. Headquartered in Cork, Ireland, DP Energy has to date developed over 1GW of renewable energy projects which are built and operational. With over 30 years’ experience in the global renewable energy sector, DP Energy is 100% committed to using the most sustainable and environmentally responsible methods in all of their energy developments. Operating in the UK since the 1990s to deliver onshore wind projects, DP Energy opened an office in Pembroke Dock in 2021 to focus the Celtic Sea floating wind opportunities, whilst progressing a UK and New Markets project pipeline.